This post would have been perfect with a picture of her in her cute uniform, but I didn't have my camera. Bad momma.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Hi Ya!
After many months of asking and begging, and asking some more, I signed Rhon up for a martial arts class. She wanted to take Karate but there is a Tae Kwan Do place close. She didn't care. They are not much different, just country of origin. They gave her a one-on-one lesson today. I think their goal was to get her excited and assess her ability. She was hilarious. The first thing the instructor (an enthusiastic 15 year old boy) talked about was respect. He told her she should bow to her teachers. He did it first, and he just patted his thighs, and bowed his head with a quick bend of his hips. She tried next. She put her hands together... fingers together, and palms pressed to each other... raised them right under her chin, and bowed so low she almost touched her knees. Maybe I should have put her in drama classes instead. Right after that he told her to run to a spot on the mat. She must not have heard or understood, because she just ran around like a crazy child. I think she was trying to show off how fast she was. Then he showed her how to punch, kick, and block. He told her she needed to be loud, so she made this high pitched "hi ya!" It was possibly the cutest noise I have ever heard. Last, he showed her how to do a push up. She did her final bow with a little less flair than the first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so funny.
P.S. Thank you for bidding on my cookies. I will make you some whn you come to town for Jut's wedding.
Post a Comment