It was in the high 60's this morning! Absolutely perfect weather! I wanted the windows down on our way out to the Farmers Market and Dare kept saying she was cold. She was meant to live in Phoenix.
August is why I have managed to love this state for so long. It starts cooling off and all the yummy fruits and veggies are being sold at the markets. This is my favorite time of the year. I love going to the Farmers Market. And the kids love it too. When we go they know they will get samples of all kinds of things, and all the fruit they can cram in. We love the peaches. We managed to eat a whole box in about 9 days (1/4 bushel). We have also found plums that we have never seen before, and made jam that is to die for. And the corn! Oh man, it is so good.
Today we got apples, apricots, peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, beets, and corn. We didn't need tomatoes because we have our own (yay), and the peaches were gone.
They also had fresh bread, gourmet doughnuts, and Serbian cinnamon rolls.
B.A. and Dare sampling a green bean. They love to eat green beans raw. We have them in our garden, and they will crunch them down right after picking them.
Picking corn. I let them do the picking. They are getting pretty good at finding the good veggies.
Here they are eating apricots.
This is a something we do almost every Saturday from August until October. Every week the farmers bring different things. It is fun to support local farmers, and it's a nice change of pace from the super market. It's one other thing I will miss when I move (unless, of course, I move to Seattle or something, where there is even more variety).
7 comments:
Ooh yummy! what farmers market do you visit? Do you hop around. Not only does this look like a fun outing but heathly fun too.
That is a great tradition. The kids will remember going to the farmer's market with mom.
And they are so good at eating the fresh veggies! Maybe I should try a little harder with my kids. It would help if I loved vegetables, though.
I love Bryn's hair cut!
The only place to move is AZ.
Dang your kids are cute.
that sounds fun! Raegan would love that! We should take a trip over there! YUM YUM! i love fresh fruit and vegies!
What do you mean..."when I move"? Are you moving and if so my vote is Arizona!!!
Those veggies look so yummy and I'm am so jelous right now. It is still HOT here.
Not moving... dreaming of it only.
I don't think AZ is on the top of my list. Hell may have to freeze over first. Literally. Just kidding. I could probably get used to it again. I would love to be close to family and friends again.
K didn't know that you use to live in AZ...that is where my husband and I are thinking of moving...in the GIlbert area...when he gets done with school of course!
I'm jealous about the Farmers Market...that looks so good my kids would love that too!
Oh thanks for calling me the other day...even if it was a mistake!lol!
Post a Comment