This is one of the pictures Shelle took. I thought it turned out adorable. It makes me think about what great friends these boys are already, and how I hope they love each other like this forever. After we had Mads I felt like we were done. That feeling didn't last long since they are only 1 1/2 years apart. But I knew when I got pregnant with SCM, it was meant to be. Then, when I found out he was a boy, I was so happy. He is the only one of my babies that I really hoped for one sex over the other. I think it is a miracle he wasn't a girl. Believe me... I have my reasons. When we were in Arizona this last time, Grandma recited a poem to me. This is not uncommon for her. She has a memory that can't be matched. She probably can recite 1000 poems without hesitation. All poems, rhymes, or songs she spoke to her children, and grandchildren. Now my kids, her great-grandchildren, are enjoying them. This poem made me cry. I am really glad my boys have each other. Two little brothers went out to play,
And they were happy all the day.
They took turns on the swing,
And they pretended they were kings.
They tossed the ball, so big and round,
And rolled it along on the ground.
They used boxes,
And pretended they were foxes.
They dug tunnels in the sand,
And tooted horns in the band.
Nighttime came, and time for bed,
And two little brothers bowed their heads.
They knelt very close to each other,
And thanked Heavenly Father for their brother.
7 comments:
That poem is so sweet! I love the pictures that she took for you!!! How much did she charge you? I would love to have pictures taken that weren't the normal studio pictures! You do have some pretty cute kiddos!
Hey thanks! She did this one for free. She said she wanted the practice. But I think she is ready for money... she did such a good job.
Thanks for making me bawl like a baby.
CUTE! Poor Dallin wants a brother sooo bad.
how cute it that? I love the poem and the picture is awesome!
Hey Amanda--Of course I love that picture so I am partial to this whole post...but it made me tear up just a bit also! Love your posts...we are similar it's scary...I am the same way with my husband and winning...it's hilarious...I can't tell you how many times I yelled at him for beating me at "Madden" on the play station!
That picture is great! I checked out the others & I LOVE THEM. Cute kids!!!!
Post a Comment