Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday is a Special Day


As I was "trimming our nails" (all 100 of them), I thought of the Primary song Saturday.  It sounds like such a great idea.  So perfect, so genius.  If only I could pull it off.  I am pretty proud of myself when I can get everyone's nails cut.  I know I should teach the older girls how to do it themselves, but I like things done right too much.  Plus, clippers can be so dangerous.  Ha!  I am so a fifth-time mother.  I've reached the if-they-hurt-themselves-they-will-probably-learn-their-lesson phase of mothering.  And why is my 4 year old so uncooperative?  She tries to be difficult just because.... um.... because it's fun?  I don't know.  And I decided to try and clip Space Dog's nails while he was nursing.  I thought it would distract him enough to get it done quicker. Because of this, he changed his routine.  It's normally suck, pull, detach, over and over.  This time it was suck, pull, detach, and glare, suck, pull, detach, and (stunned/confused) glare.  But I got it done.  Now all that is left is clean the house, shop at the store, brush our clothes (?), and shine our shoes.  And also, the writer forgot "prepare the lesson for the Primary class you said you would sub for before you realized you were going to church husbandless with two little church-haters".

4 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

hahaha...I love the nursing bit! That's hilarious! I hate clipping nails...in fact, I really need to clip my very own...but you probably didn't want to know that! I love your blog! Have I told you that? lol!

Sheri said...

I am totally in that mothering phase too. Sometimes I think I am a little too passive. I have an angry 4 year old too. Must be the age.

Amanda said...

Oh I KNOW I am too passive. That is what Nate is for....to even it out.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL...of course you had an aura...but, I already had my foot in my mouth! If I remember right we instantly bonded...then when you got your van, I was envious and jealous and all sorts of wanting to keep up with the "jones'" sort of thing and that just got in the way! Thanks for the laugh...