I've only known him 4 1/2 months. We have nothing in common. We can't even hold a conversation. He is bald, and has no teeth. He drools on me. He pukes on me. He expects me to wipe poop off his butt. He will bite me if given the chance. His favorite pastime is sucking on his own toes, or cramming all 10 fingers in his mouth at once. He screams if he doesn't get his way. He is perfectly fine with taking up A LOT of my time. I can't even tell what his personality is like (completely). How can I love a person like this? I don't get it either, but I do.
I really do wonder how it works. How do we love one person so much, but be indifferent towards most others? How is it that there are certain people who make you smile just by seeing them. I know, very cheesy for me. I will stop. With babies it is even stranger. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for him.
4 comments:
Im trying to decide if you are someone I am indifferent towards or if you make me smile just by seeing you! haha
I actually love that we are neighbors and I really do think we should hang out rather than just have random phone calls and meetings at "the fence".
It's bizarre isn't it? I always marvel how I can love my babies so much and that love keeps on growing (even when they drive you crazy!)
I'm in love with your baby too because of his BIG eyes and his cute cheeks that you could munch on for days...It is funny how you fall in love with your kids right away...how there is always room for one more person when you think your heart is full of love! Your blog is so fun to read!!!
I have been meaning to comment on this post forever. You did so good to put into words what moms everywhere feel. You are such a talented writer *wink wink* and I love to read your blogs. Keep them coming!
Post a Comment