"No...no no. Dare, don't do it...........Wow, I'm impressed"
And so begins the story of Dare.
When she was little, people would ask if I wanted a boy. I thought... I don't need a boy since I have Dare. Examples:
*She ran around with unmatchable energy.
*She started her hobby of jumping off things at about 18 months. Counter tops, bunk beds, picnic tables, and flights of stairs.......just to name a few.
*She used potty humor from a very young age (and still does). One of my favorites is when she said Brynster should take "honey-nut poops" to school for snack.
*She used to burp like a fog horn.
In contrast, Dare is girly too. Examples:
*She would wear dress-up clothes everyday, all day, if I let her. The skirts work well as a parachute while jumping off things.
*She loves lip stick, and pink clothes.
*She cries about EVERYTHING.
*She wants to grow her hair really long.
Dare is smart. Examples:
*She can do Rhon's addition facts, and often answers her word problems for her when I read them out loud in the car. She grasps the concept of subtraction too.
*She can sound out words.
*She constantly surprises me with how much she remembers.
Dare has an awesome sense of humor. Examples:
*She calls people names. That isn't necessarily funny by itself, but she makes the names up. The names are what's funny. "Wack Job" is still used by us today.
*When I was giving her a hug one time, I said "I love you, Dare." And she responded, "I love marshmallows."
Dare's funny story of the day.... it has a little background, but I want to remember it all.
Rhon and Dare have had this thing with asking questions about Jesus. They ask where he is, if he is old, what is he wearing, etc. They also ask pretty weird ones too, like "if everyone has germs, does Jesus?" So we were driving to get Rhon from school. More background: Dare uses this time to talk and ask questions without any interruptions from her sisters. Mads does not talk. Probably because she won't stop. As soon as we pull out of the drive-way her first question is "are we almost to Rhon's school?" (it's a 25 minute drive) Some of her other regulars are "did you bring anything to eat?" and "why did Heavenly Father make ___?" Fill in the blank with bees, wasps, snakes, and pretty much anything that can hurt us. Ok, we are driving. Dare farts. She starts laughing and tells me she tooted. Here is our exchange:
Me (with mock surprise): "You did?"
Dare: "Yup." Pause "Mom, did your mom toot?"
I have no idea why she asked about my mom.
Me: "Yes Dare. Everyone toots."
I bet you can guess what came next.
Dare: "Does Jesus toot?"
I laughed because I know she was trying to be funny, but I also explained how we should talk reverently about Jesus.
I realized when I mention Dare in my posts, it is usually a bit negative. She gives me trouble, I'll be honest, but she is so awesome too. She is always fun and unpredictable. She is one of my best friends.
8 comments:
okay so such a cute post! Dare seems like a ball of fun...I love that she talks and asks questions about Jesus...even if they are more funny then serious...Hey, it makes Jesus seem more real to them right? I love reading your blog!
I would love to practice on your kids...just tell me a time that all of you are together! I would love to see you guys again...I'm being totally serious!
Can you imagine how boring life would be without kids???? They are so honest. We can learn a lot with them. You are such a great mom!!!
I work at an airline so I can fly up anytime that is convenient...as long as the flights aren't full! Now you can tell by my pictures that I am just a beginner...but it would be fun to just snap away at your kids...because they would make it easy for me to get some cute shots...because they are adorable!!!
We could do it this way...find a place you would like me take the pics...then dress up the bunch however you want...you could do a couple of different things...we could play around...we would want the lighting around sundown...and then I would just snap away...I'm sure out of 300+ pics I could get at least a couple of shots that would make you happy!!! :)
Let me know! THanks for even considering letting me come and do that for ya!
Man, its funny to me to hear how similar Kait and Dare are. People always talk about problems with their girls and then I have ppl tell me problems they have with their boys. I always say I have the "best of" both worlds with Kait. She loves climbing, wrestling, and has TONS of energy (also the potty humor) and yet she is SOOO emotional! She loves makeup and things like that too. Its completely crazy to me!
She sounds a lot like Max...I laughed out loud more than once - what a character :)
I know the guy said it best when he said, "It was a sexy outfit", yea right!lol!
Anyhow...when it starts getting warmer...let's do it! My Wednesday's through Saturdays are the best times for me to come up...so let's do it! Out of those days...which is best? A Saturday? Or a Weekday?
MANDIE, I DIFFENTALLY KNOW HOW IT IS TO BE ON THE GO ALL THE TIME. THIS WEEK WE HAD 5 BALL GAMES TO GO TO AND THESE ARE ONLY 5 OF MY GRAND CHILDREN. LAST WEEK WE WENT TO MACKENZIES FIGURE SKATING COMPETATION IN PEORIA. SHE IS SO GOOD. SHE IS REALLY BEAUTIFUL ON THE ICE, SO GRACEFUL. DAD IS TALKING ABOUT HAVING A PUTTING GREEN INSTALLED IN OUR YARD. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES. BRYN IS BEAUTIFUL AND GETTING SO BIG. TELL HER WE LOVE HER. HAVE HER CALL US WHEN SHE GETS HER GIFT CARD AND WHAT SHE BVUYS WITH IT. LOVE MOM.
Post a Comment