The girls and I wanted some art supplies, so after much preparation, we set out one morning to find the store. That's not as easy as it sounds. I don't speak or read or understand Chinese. And there is no English here. Driving is a challenge. I had an address, and the GPS on my phone got us in the vicinity. But we still couldn't find it. I decided to park and walk around to find it. We walked for quite a while and almost gave up, but we tried one more way and found it.
Beginning of the adventure.
So much paint!
They are showing me how happy they are with this store we found.
On the street with some of our loot.
We decided to get some "pancakes" to eat.
There was a old Chinese couple who stopped to talk to us. They were so happy just to look at the girls and see their smiles. The girls had good enough Chinese to have a little conversation with them. It made them happy. I like when we leave our little bubble and experience a bit of real China. It makes me like it more.
Since I didn't know where I was going when I parked, I accidentally went down a road that had no exit. And it was super narrow. Cars were just parked on the sidewalk. That's where I decided to park. It wasn't my smartest move. But luckily when we got back to the car, it was still there, no damage, and no one was blocking me in. But I had to back out of the street. The whole street. It was probably 200 yards. It was dumb, but things worked out. Our car is safe, we are safe, and we have paint!
Before we went to the art store, we went to Yashow. It is a market where you can buy brand name stuff at cheap prices. It is up in the air still about whether these things are real or not. Everyone says nothing is real in China, but I saw some pretty bad knock offs in Indonesia, and these are nothing like those. It was my first time there. You have to be a good bargainer, and I'm not. But I usually do okay because I buy quantity. We bought 4 pairs of Converse, and some purses and wallets. I forgot to take pictures...






No comments:
Post a Comment