The next day was a big day. Looking back at it now, I really can't believe the kids managed it. I can't believe I managed it! After more cramming into small taxis, we went to the Batu Caves.
You climb up all those stairs to get to the cave. 272 steps.
Going up. None of them got tired. I was the only one who had to take little breathers.
This is the kind of stuff we saw inside. Along with cave stuff, and monkeys. Mean, angry, hissing monkeys. And it was kind of creepy because they were so camouflaged you couldn't see them on the rocks, but if you really looked you would see 20 or 30 moving around. Just waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting tourist.
The kids didn't get enough climbing on the steps, so they started rock climbing.
Going down.
I took a picture of this stop sign because I thought it was so awesome! You NEVER see stop signs in Jakarta. Traffic there was so much better, and the streets were organized and made sense. It was nice.
Lots more walking.
Since I'm too afraid to take pictures of random people, I pretend take pictures of my own kids and sneak those random people in the shot. I just thought those ladies looked cool. Plus, Dare and B are super cute. They look hot! In both ways. Hahaha! (That's what my girls would say.)
This is out in front of the Petronas Towers. Taking a well deserved break by the fountains.
We had lunch and went to see Rise of the Guardians at the mall nearby.
There is a beautiful park near the Petronas Towers. It was so awesome to see. Parks are another thing you NEVER see in Jakarta. There was greenery, water, a big fountain, and a playground. There was even a mini water park. We had to sit that one out since we weren't prepared.
Oh yeah, we stopped by Garrett's again.
The kids played for hours at the playground. Parents sat. And rested. Maybe pushed a kid on a swing a bit. Every once in while, it would start raining, so we would slowly get up and move to a covered area. Then it would stop and we would slowly go sit down again. Loved it.
It should be illegal not to have a park for kids to run around in.
Then we went out to the night market. Nate will have to tell me the name of the area or street later. Those are not the kind of details I pay attention to on trips.
Mmm...

















No comments:
Post a Comment