The next day, we didn't do anything exciting until the evening when we went to the night market on Petaling Street.
While we were waiting on a painter to finish, the boys started dancing to the music playing. It was real casual at first, and then it became choreographed. So awesomely hilarious.
There were lots of rows of stalls. Skinny rows you had to squeeze through. So many things to buy. Mostly knock-off brand name stuff like Nike and Rolex. We bought plastic belts for the girls. I think they are cool, but I don't think the girls like them since they haven't worn them once.
Then we went to the same night market we went to the night before. This time to eat! We first stopped for some satay. Satay is sold on the street everywhere in Jakarta, but we've never tried it because of health concerns. So it was especially exciting for us. It was a hit! We went back for more a couple of times.
Then we got some peanuts. They were steamed/boiled. They are so different this way. More like beans. They were a hit also.
Jackfruit. Did not try these.
Then we all tried durian. Each and every one of us had the same reaction as BA in this picture.
Lots of varieties of satay.
Pork. This stall just sold pork. We bought some bacon. It was heavenly.
We had to stop for some naan. They made it right on the street in that tandoor oven. So awesome. So delicious.
Everyone was having a great time until the kids started to fall asleep. It was almost midnight at this point.
Gretel and I decided to get a foot massage, so we sent the dads home with the kids and we went into this place nearby. Apparently they stay open until 2 or 3 in the morning! It was a very interesting experience. My feet were tired, so I wanted a pretty firm massage. I had bruises the next day. I guess it was a little too hard. It cost us about $7 for an hour.
The next day the Patchs left. I don't have any pictures. I'm dumb. We hung out all day, went to a super awesome food court, and ate Nando's for dinner. And I only have one picture of that. What's wrong with me? The next day we went home. It was New Year's Eve.
It was an awesome trip. It was one of my favorites.














1 comment:
Those guys doing the massages kind of freak me out! lol!
Post a Comment