Friday, August 12, 2011

New New New

First day of school...



-     It seems like I've been making preparations for this day for a long time.  I started about 8 months ago by filling out applications online.  To say the process was complicated would be an understatement.  I think I had to sign over each of the kids' first born child.  But they got in, and they started.

-     I wish I would have ordered the stuff we needed 8 months ago.  I slacked a bit, but only because we didn't have internet forever.  We still haven't gotten their backpacks and shoes.

-     It is an amazing school.  We are very excited.

-     School starts at 7:30, and we have a long commute.  I woke up at 5:15, and I woke the kids up around 5:45.  Ugh. 

-     There was a little drama in the morning.  Mads got lost, and there were tears.  When I dropped Dare off at her classroom, there were tears.  But that's it!  I call it a success.

-     Mads doesn't start until Monday.  The tears may be mine that day.

-     I thought it was funny that there was even a question about what nationality the girls' teachers were.  They are all American, but I'm pretty sure Mads' is from New Zealand.

-     Most of the students are from Asia.

-     The girls bought their lunch.  There was a choice between "Western" and "Asian".  Asian was chicken and rice.  And Western was beef and potatoes.  And rice!  I guess they have a hard time not serving rice with meals.

-     The girls had a good day.  They like the school and their teachers.  

No comments: