We spent New Year's Eve with the Wests. I'm going to be honest, I was a little worried about spending 6 straight hours with them. Turns out, I was right to be worried. It was torture!
Just kidding. We had an awesome time. First we had dinner. Then we listened to music. Then we got out there karaoke machine, of course. That is clearly the next step to create an awesome New Year's Eve party.
G loves microphones! And singing! Anyone who has ever sat by us at church knows that when we sing, G is always the loudest and most enthusiastic. He pretty much just made noise constantly in the microphone. It didn't get irritating at all.
Eew. I look tired.
Suzy was by far my favorite person that night. She did a beautiful rendition of 'Love is Strange'. I tried to be her duet, but I was laughing too hard. Luckily one of the boys saved us and turned the song off.
Then we played a bunch of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. We learned that Cody is not a team player. And we ate lots of snacks. Our new hot chocolate maker was a big hit.
G and G (Gavs) were the only two who didn't make it to midnight. Luckily Suze provided plenty of pots and spoons.
These kids were doing this while Ethan was riding his bike around. Crazy kid. It was freezing and there was ice everywhere.
Even though we were the Wests 6th choice of company, we were glad they invited us over.
4 comments:
I forgot about the pots and pans! I used to love doing that on New Year's Eve when I was a kid. I'm going to have to remember that for next year.
You guys were not our 6th choice!!! Maybe 5th, but not 6th for crying out loud! J/K We always love hanging out with you guys! It was lots of fun and the carnitas & guac were amazing! Let's karaoke again soon! I still have that cute pic on my camera of you & Nate smooching at midnight too!
Love, HeySus
Boy, if we were still in the neighborhood you would have been, for sure, our third choice! Sorry to leave you hanging like that.
The girls look darling in their dresses. And our fondu pot is just about as fabulous as yours!
Thanks for the recap. Now I'm encouraged to blog the rest of our Christmas too.
Last year when all my sisters were here for new years, we turned on the radio and had a spontaneous dance party. It was pretty scary, but I have never laughed so hard in my life. We created one of those dance circles and cheered on those who entered the center. My parents even took a turn. Your Karaoke kind of reminded me of that and I would have loved to see it!
Post a Comment