Monday, January 25, 2010

Proverbial Wilderness

I wanted to give a shout out to the things that have been giving me a little bit of joy lately. Sometimes it is the little things that keep me going.

Pepsi Throwback. I think I might like it better than Dr. Pepper. Maybe.

Gummy candy and Sees lollipops. Anything gummy has been so wonderful to me lately. And these suckers have always been one of my favorite things.

My new black hoodie that I got at Target for 5 bucks. It's so warm and cozy. Plus it goes with my black hair, black nail polish, black eyeliner, black eye shadow, and black mascara.

The line up of snow clothes. I feel so happy when this stuff gets some use. Especially because they can mostly put all of it on by themselves.

So good. Can't wait until the 13th.

So so good.

Here comes some cheese...

All of these things are great, but I would throw it all away a million times just to see my family happy. That makes me the happiest of all. And it is a real happy. A happy that can't be replaced.
My family gives me more joy than I could ever deserve. Even though sometimes they are the ones who are making me crazy, they are always the ones who make me the happiest. Especially when I concentrate on their needs and not my own. They all become manageable and wonderful. I wonder how I ever get mad at any of them in the first place. Or how I can be sad with them around. I love feeling like I live with the 6 most perfect people in the world. I just need to remember that more often...

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Nothing is better than the Dr. (Dr. Pepper, that is).

You rock black.

Can you bring the Vampire Weekend cd too?....Please?

Families are worth fighting for. Thanks for reminding me of that.

P.S. and thanks for being there for me during my dark time

Tawnie said...

LOVE...your black hoodie!! I am all about copying...especially about the family reminder. Your family rocks, thanks for reminding me that mine does too!!

colbyanddeniseovery said...

I love it when the little things in life make people happy. I also love the cheese comment about your family. What a great post!

Maria Babin said...

amen!

M. Nelson said...

Gummy candy rings. Mmmm.

I love reading cheese. It makes me appreciate my family more too.