Monday, August 18, 2014

There Was A Moat

The next day we planned on going to the Tower of London, and the British Museum.  We walked along the Thames an across on the London Bridge.

I really wanted to take the tour from this guy, but there were just too many people there.  We didn't think we would be able to hear what he was saying anyway.  He's a Beefeater.  And I'm sure he would have given us a very entertaining tour.  Maybe next time.

Inside the Tower of London.


The boys in the armory.

The Tower of London also houses the Crown Jewels.  We saw those too, but there were no pictures allowed.


Tower Bridge.
Laura was able to join us that day.

We were on the way to the museum, and we needed lunch.  Yes, we got sandwiches again.  At Tesco Express.  But the funny thing about this trip was that after we grabbed the food, we took it to an alley to eat.  There were delivery trucks and plenty of exhaust.  But it was delicious, and we had somewhere to sit.  We even got fruit and vegetables at that stop.  Hopefully Laura wasn't regretting her decision to come with us at this point!

Rosetta Stone.
The museum was beautiful.  I could spend days there.  But since we travel with kids, we have to take the brisk 1 1/2-2 hour breeze through.  We catch all the highlights, take a lot of sitting/bathroom/drink breaks, and that's it.  I still loved it.  I would always prefer to share museums with my kids than to go alone.

Mads was feeling the effects of jet lag and 4 very busy traveling days.  G was doing pretty much the same thing, but on the floor next to my feet.  I kept having to move him when he would edge into the walkways. 

Outside the museum.

We were making our way to Hyde Park.

We found an ice cream shop!

Laura had YW that night, and her church building is near the park.  We hung out there until it was time for her to go.  She invited the girls to go along.  Rhon and Dare went with her.  And that's pretty much how that day ended.  We wanted to visit the British Library also, but we ran out of time and energy.

No comments: