Since I didn't take a picture of the girls on their first day of school, I took one on the last.
BA and her bus.
She went to middle school this year. It was a good year for her. She had a favorite teacher, and he made grade six a great experience for her. She made a lot of great friends too.
Rhon enjoyed being in grade five and ruling the whole school. The highlight of her year is probably having her best friend, Manu, right by her the whole year. She will surely be missed.
Dare also enjoyed her year. Grade three was all fun. She really like her teacher, and had a friend everywhere.
She was emotional that morning mostly because of a clothing misunderstanding, but I think she (along with everyone else) was a little out of sorts.
I didn't take a picture of the boys, but they were home schooled this year. I decided to keep Mads home for grade one, and G just came along for the ride. It was a hard decision, but in the end, I thought it was best. We had a great time. I didn't do all the things I had planned, and it was more challenging than I thought. I'm not making excuses, but it would have been a lot easier if I had a Michael's or Target down the street. Well, maybe I am making excuses, but there you have it. The boys were able to hang out all the time, and their relationship is so strong because of it. So I call it a success.
*****
I had one of my last tennis lessons that day. This is Frankie. He taught me how to play! He had to of gotten bored with me, but he never stopped hitting me balls for about a year and a half. He didn't have great English, so it was mostly quiet between the two of us. But every once in while, he would shout things at me like, "Top spin. Please!" Maybe he thought by saying please I was more likely to comply. Little did he know that I was trying to do a top spin every flipping time.
He also gave the girls lessons.
I did not get a picture of Max, but he gave the boys lessons. He is Frankie's shorter, older brother. He had great English, and he was awesome with the boys.
*****
Rhon and Dare had a going away party. I made them combine their parties. I couldn't have handled two. They swam, ate pizza, made lip gloss, and watched a movie. Swimming went well. Pizza was great. Thanks to Chelisa (again!) for lending us her projector, the movie was fun. But the lip gloss was kind of a disaster. Picture 15 girls, oil, and food coloring. Messy to say the least. But they all had fun. And it's over. Those are the important details.





No comments:
Post a Comment