Sunday, January 29, 2012

Get That Corn Outta My Face!

On day 3 we packed up early and headed to Taman Safari.  But since it was the first clear day since we got there, we stopped at the look-out area to check out the volcano.
Gunung Gede

Tea fields.

I thought this picture was funny because the guy selling necklaces stuck his hand in.  It was difficult to get pictures without strangers in them.

Some people working in the tea fields and a little bit of the town below.

Volcanos are hot!

Carrot-eating camels.

We had a lot of down time this time through the park.

One of the highlights for the kids of the time in the zoo was climbing on the concrete animals.  I'm still confused about it.  It doesn't look like fun at all.  

We visited parts of the park we didn't see the first time.  That included this little play area with dinosaur slides, which was right by this corn stand.

We decided to give it a try.

It was so yummy!

We also went to the sea lion show.  I like this picture.

This boy next to Mads had a hard time not starting.  At least he was trying to be inconspicuous.  He would lean way back, take a look, stop, then start the whole process over again.

The sea lions kiss people.  It was funny for the first 2 or 3 seconds, after that it got a little awkward.  He did this for a good 5 minutes.
It is a common theme among Indonesian functions to have a person with a microphone, overly loud music, and animated cheering from the audience.  This was no different.  I literally laughed out loud when they started playing "Ice Ice Baby".

After the show, you can get your picture with the sea lions.

The kiss didn't bother me, it was the snot he kept blowing out of his nose!


Sea lions are cool.

BA got her picture with a snake.  She was brave.  I was impressed.

G wanted a snake picture too.  

He loved it.  I think he got a bit of special treatment because the trainer let him hold him for a long time.  G kept grabbing the snake's head and squeezing it.  I was a little afraid he was going to hurt it.  So after he sat there a while and picked it up, and squeezed, he was done.  But not before he gave the snake a big kiss!  What a weirdo.

1 comment:

Dad said...

You guys have all the fun :)
The kids are getting so big.