Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chairs to Sit

We took our first trip to Marisol.  It is an embassy owned house in the mountains.  Why have we waited so long?!!  It was so awesome.  Luckily the traffic on the way up was great, so we were still in good spirits when we arrived.  This was the first day...

The boys were thrilled to be there.
This is the front area of the house.  There is a ping pong table right behind me.  It was so fun!

Kitchen.  Still some very thrilled boys.

The grounds were the best part.  Beautiful.  Lots of room to run around and breathe clean air.

The views are awesome.  It was so nice just to sit on those chairs and let the kids run, and climb, and explore.

He poses for every picture.

We were so excited to have a grill!  We took full advantage the first night.  Steak, tuna, veggies, and chicken.  It was awesome.

It was cool enough to feel cozy by a fire.  Nate built an awesome fire, and we had some tasty roasted marshmallows.

Mads with his new headlamp.

When we first arrived, I saw a reddish beetle that was about an inch and a half long, and that was the biggest beetle I had ever seen.  Until we saw this one.  It flew near the fire and crashed onto the ground.  We flung him into the grass, and I think he needed some time to recuperate.  He barely moved while we checked him out and took pictures.  Then all of a sudden, he flew!  Mads was wearing his headlamp and the beetle was tracking the light.  Mads was running, and he was following the light all the while.  Mads was screaming!  It was pretty funny.  I don't blame him.  I would have screamed even louder, I'm afraid.  That thing's the size of a bird!  It stopped chasing Mads and landed in a bush nearby and stayed with us by the fire the rest of the night.

I didn't get a picture, but the girls used their new pocketknives to make their own marshmallow stick.  This might be the closest we come to camping in Jakarta.  I'll take it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Holy Crap!!! That bug is HUGE! too funny!