G and I have had a lot of alone time since school started. He loves it. He hasn't said he misses the kids yet. He is soaking it all in. All the attention, that is.
I love it too. We have a good time.
We keep busy. There is always something to do, and even going to the grocery store takes up quite a bit of the day.
He never leaves my side. He wants to see what I'm doing on the computer. He wants to be on the counter when I'm making food. I can hardly shake him when I want to take a shower!
We spend a lot of our time talking. That boy sure loves to talk.
Most of our conversations begin with him asking why. I will answer. I'm usually right, he doesn't ask that hard of questions yet. And he will respond with, "Actually, it's because of this..." So he totally doesn't believe my answer, or he is just testing me to see what I will say. I'll correct him again, and we'll just go back and forth with our own answers to his why questions. He uses the word 'actually' way too much for a 3 year old.
Or, he'll ask why, I'll answer, and he'll then say, "But why?" My answers are never good enough. For example...
G - Why is that guy smiling at me?
Me - Because he thinks you're cute.
G - But why?
Me - Because you are cute.
G - But why?
And so on, and so on...


3 comments:
That was Ethan last year. I loved "our year" together! Except for when I did get a minute to myself for a shower.....I should have loved a minute to myself, but that was the exact minute that Ethan ALWAYS found trouble. ;)
i really miss that boy.
That pic of griff on the swing is awesome.
Post a Comment