I guess my stuff isn't at the bottom of the ocean after all.
This is called a big box of irony.
Let me tell you why... The first time I went grocery shopping here in Jakarta, I was disturbed because I couldn't find anything I needed or wanted. It is better now, and I quite like shopping actually. But back then it seemed like the stores only had 2 things: nutrition drinks, and single serving noodle mixes. They have aisles dedicated to noodle mixes! You think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. Whole aisles! I was shocked at the time. I couldn't believe that there were so many brands, and so many flavors! And of course they are dirt cheap. Like about 7 cents a packet cheap. So you can imagine my horror when I opened a box full of Top Ramen. This was carefully chosen to go with us in Utah. It was stored safely while we spent our time in DC. And it was shipped on a very large, slow boat so we could receive it (16 months later!) in a country that has more noodle mixes than they know what to do with! We laughed. It was fun.
Here's what the kids did the day we got the stuff we haven't seen for 16 months...
Put on old Halloween costumes and watched TV.



1 comment:
I love it!
Post a Comment