We had our first official snow day yesterday. School was let out a few hours early. This is the first time this has happened to our family. And we have seen a lot of snow. The one day in Utah when we woke up to 3 feet of snow on our driveway, I thought for sure school would be cancelled. But no, it wasn't.
It was pretty amusing. There was maybe an inch by the end of the day. Dare's teacher told me they will sometimes cancel school when there is even a chance it will snow. She also told me how people will go to the grocery store and stock up on milk and bread just so they are prepared. She is from Ohio so she thinks it funny too. I thought it was great! I can imagine as a kid being so overjoyed with the excitement of being able to go home early, unplanned, for no reason! As you can imagine, growing up in Phoenix that was never, never an issue. My kids didn't think it was as awesome as I did. B.A. was mad that she missed yearbook. (I think she even used the word 'pissed'. Don't worry, I told her not to talk that way.) And the other two didn't even think it was a big deal. In fact, Dare asked me this morning if I thought they would go home early again. I said no, and she said, "Oh, good." They're weird.
Of course they played in the snow in the afternoon. I can't imagine there being much to play with, but it is all they are going to get for a while, so I hope they enjoy it.
1 comment:
That is too funny! Hope you stocked up on food :)
Thanks for the cute Christmas card, your kids are absolutely darling! Miss you guys!
Have a Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment