Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cheers


Here's to...

Liz for picking me up at the airport, taking me to lunch, making me laugh, eating wings with me, clarifying that we weren't lovers, doing my make-up at JC Penny, making me laugh, letting me sleep on her couch, liking my cake, driving me around some more, and making me laugh.

Dana for letting me hang out with her last minute, helping with the invitation, giving me good hair advice, great conversation, and letting me joke around with her kids.

Sheri for coming to pick me up, taking time out of her busy life to sit and chat with me, taking me out to dinner even though it took me three tries to find somewhere I wanted to go that was open, liking Motion City Soundtrack, forgiving me for not watching her TV shows, letting me tag along to soccer, and driving me around some more.

Ben for letting me sleep in his bed. Oh, and for being so freaking cute.

Max for letting me hang with him in Target.

Xan for being a good sport when I teased him about the girl who was allergic to water.

Cyndie for providing an awesome place to play Rock Band, taking me to the party, dressing up with me even though we were the only ones from our family, being fun, laughing at my jokes, taking me to the airport, and for dealing with my phone issues even though it wasn't an issue after all.

Jaren for cleaning up his room and bed, so that I could sleep on it, even though I didn't.

Joel for looking for my phone in his truck TWICE even though I had it the whole time.

Deborah for going to the party so that I could hang out with her, pep talks, and that feeling you only get when you are with old friends.

Justin for letting me bum an airplane ticket - again!

Nate for watching the kids for me for 3 whole days so that I could go to my parents' party and hang out with friends. I could give cheers to Nate all night, but we'll just leave it at that.

And here's to my mom and dad who have be married for FIFTY years. It couldn't have been easy, but they did it. It is really an amazing thing. I am very proud of them.

Cheers.

7 comments:

Aspen said...

Hmmm...it looks like we were both up late last night posting. We really should have been chatting of Facebook. We need a system...

I'm glad that you had some much needed fun and a three day break from life. I have a picture for you of all your kids at the trunk or treat.

liz said...

what? no picture of us as transvestites? oh,m what's that you say, i can post them on MY blog?! excellent.

i love your mom's dress. it makes me happy.

that was a fun trip. don't forget the importance of getting down to eye level with kids when you talk to them. the bonus parenting tip of the trip via pita jungle!

Sheri said...

So...are you saying I don't make you laugh?

Amanda said...

You just did, Sheri! LOL!

But seriously, you make me laugh almost everyday. I wasn't trying to leave you out.

Sheri said...

I was kidding :)

btw, Evan just said, "I love Mandie" out of the blue. I had to tell you - it was so cute!

Dana said...

It was great to see you! I only wish we could have hung out longer :) I am a little jealous of your solo trip!! Travis doesn't think he would survive if I deserted him for a couple of days!

Deb said...

It was so fun to hang out and see you and your family...I only wish we could see each other more often.