Dare asked me today why snow wasn't bright blue. That would be pretty awesome. But nothing looks as beautiful as a blanket of white.
We all love the snow. It is so much fun. It makes it hard to drive, get to school on time, and it is cold and slippery, but nothing could be better in the winter (or fall?) than a few inches of snow to play with in the backyard. Before Dare was even dressed for school this morning, she was asking if she could play in the backyard when she got home. It took me (and Nate, he helped) about 45 minutes to find all the gear and get it on them. It was worth it. They loved it.
I think our newest member of the family loves snow more than anyone else. He couldn't get enough of it. It wasn't very surprising though, since he would lay on the air conditioner vents during the summer. He got little snowballs stuck all over his fur. We couldn't decide if we should call them "dingle-balls" or "snow-berries".

The older girls couldn't wait to play in the snow either. B.A. was immediately determined to make a snowman.
Side note: I love being able to teach my kids the stuff I know. I enjoy talking about art, and cooking. We do crafts, sports, and girly stuff like hair and nails. But what am I to do when my darling girls ask me to show them how to make a snowman? It is a strange thing when your kids grow up in a completely different climate than you did. I have to tell them that I have NEVER made a snowman. Not one time. I don't know how. When we first tried making one, it looked more like three pyramids on top of each other than spheres. And once I gave them M&Ms for eyes. They melted, and made the face all streaky and brown. I'm embarrassed to say that I gave up. The kids had to figure it out on their own. (Nate helped them. He is brilliant.)
Today, I was impressed.
3 comments:
funny it looks so warm from a computer. like i could just jump into the fun with my t*shirt and flip flops
Yeah snow! Fun but I hope for all your sakes it disappears in time for trick or treating. Brrrr.
Great snow man... Eric loves your dog and wants to come still it.
Post a Comment