Thursday, May 14, 2009

Downs and Ups

It is a bad day when...
it's Monday.
you wake up late.
as you are fixing breakfast, you forget you didn't check homework over the weekend.
you realize you are out of bread so there isn't anything to make for lunches.
you go get your baby so you can take the kids to school, and find out he has poop everywhere.
you make the girls late for school because you have to give your baby a bath.
the baby not only has poop everywhere, but in his ears too.
you are sorting laundry, and that same baby destroys the beautiful tulips your husband got you for Mother's Day.  (I know, I cried).

Then...
he rips the plastic off his bed.
the girls are fighting.
there is no dinner made.
I'm tempted to get pizza, but the thought of it makes me throw up in my mouth.

But...
I got all the laundry washed, folded, and put away.
dinner turned out to be okay.
the kids went to bed.  (This is always a highlight).
I watched Bride Wars.  It was alright.  It cheered me up a bit.

That was Monday.

It is a good day when...
your husband works from home.
you leave sleeping children alone.  (I usually have to wake them up to go to school).
you get to talk you your husband all day.
you take a nap.
your husband makes dinner.  It was really good!
everything is done and cleaned up by 6:30.
after dinner, you get to go to Leatherby's for a girls night out.
you eat chocolate while laughing with friends.
you bring home some ice cream for your husband, and talk some more while he eats it.
you laugh with your husband until you fall asleep.

That was Tuesday.

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Tuesdays are always better than Mondays and at least your husband got you something for Mother's Day...I'm just saying :)

Natalie said...

You have to have the Mondays just so you can appreciate the Tuesdays! :)

M. Nelson said...

I live for naps, girls' night out and my husband. It DOES make for a good day.

Deb said...

With my new dog every day is Monday with moments of Tuesdays. Its getting better.

Jenna said...

Cute post.

P.S. Mason and G should get together and have a poop painting party;)

I. LOATHE. POOP.

Maria Babin said...

you are so brave mandy. i admire you for having 5 little ones and holding it all together the way you do! did the pizza thought make you throw up because you've got number 6 on the way?

Heather said...

Seriously, your a trooper!

Nicole said...

you are an amazing mother. mondays happen, but you were strong enough to joke about it, and tuesday was obviously your much deserved reward. i hope you get more tuesdays. and i hope tan never reads you blog and gets ideas from g!