Nate and I got up the next morning and went out looking for breakfast.
Here's what we found! We didn't actually get any of that, but we got some of the most delicious pastries we have ever eaten. We always look like crazy people buying breakfast. Or any meal for that matter. We are ordering for 7, but the workers don't know that. So we get a couple pastries for everyone, plus a loaf or 2 of bread in case the pastry isn't enough, or for a snack later. They surely are wondering what is going on. Especially since most Europeans get one thing, a tiny cup of tea, and eat it at the shop delicately, and s l o w l y. But we don't care, and everyone is always very nice.
Unfortunately I stopped taking vacation notes right about here. I know, I know, it didn't last very long. I've never claimed to be a good record keeper. But we walked around Bruges a lot. It is an amazing city. So beautiful, so quiet.
Canals.
And a chocolate shop on every street. We went to 3 different ones (a few times each!). This is the first one, Dumon Chocolatier. On this first trip we were a bit timid. We only got 10 or so chocolates to share. What fools! They were affordable and delicious. We should have gotten 10 for each of us! But it was fun to share and taste little bits of a lot of flavors. And we went back, and back again.
Fries were also available everywhere. A lot of the shops had this freaky fry guy out front.
We also got Belgian waffles. Duh. They didn't disappoint!
Oh. I could live there.
I meant in the city, but living in that house would be the dreamiest thing ever.









No comments:
Post a Comment