Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bamboo Basket

Sometimes it's cool hanging with just the boys.
The girls all had a party one Saturday night, so Nate and I took the boys out for some dumplings.  It was so fun to watch them enjoy food so much!  They loved making their own sauce.  That's Mads gnawing on a chicken foot.  We ordered them just for fun, but they were a hit.
Their favorite kind was the soup dumplings.  Nate showed them how you put a hole in the dumpling and let the soup run out into your spoon.  They are rather good.  I could just drink the broth and be happy.  Mads said this is his new favorite restaurant, and he wants us to take him there for his birthday. They were very, very happy.  I can just imagine how awesome it will be when we can get them with pork!
The kids are going to love the food in China.  We all will!

Oh, speaking of China, I have an interesting bit of news.  Our next post got changed up a bit.  You remember how I said nothing is ever set in stone?  Well, I was right.  But this new plan is awesome too.  More awesome?  I don't know.  Again, I don't want to get my hopes up.  Taipei isn't next after Jakarta.  We are going to Beijing first.  We just have to learn to live in cold weather again.  And learn Chinese.  So that is the plan.  For now...

2 comments:

Dana said...

You guys are so daring! Chicken feet?? We would probably all starve if we had to try lots of new, strange food!

Heather said...

wow china! Your kids are so brave to eat all this new food!