Tuesday, January 4, 2011

On The Range

So there is another tree downtown in front of the Capitol. This one, I thought, was nicer. It had a better shape. It was from Wyoming, so all the ornaments were Wyoming-ish, which is to say it had horses and cowboys all over it. It's impressive that people can even decorate a tree that big.

We also checked out the Botanical Garden again. We all love that place.
The Washington Monument.

The real Washington Monument.
Yes, I'm going to take a picture of this monument from all different locations. I'm not tired of it.

The Capitol.

The real Capitol.

The kids had tons of fun running around in the grassy area in front of the Capitol. Admittedly, they were acting a little on the crazy side, but they don't have a yard! I was just happy with the awesome weather.

ps - G gives the Washington Monument a different name every time he sees it. It usually involves the word 'castle'. I've heard Jefferson's Castle, Lincoln Monument Castle, and Washington's Castle. Now he calls it, "Washington Monument and Jefferson's Castle." Oh, also he calls himself Chester, and makes everyone else call him that too. Random.

4 comments:

Amy said...

We didn't discover the Botanical Garden until right before we left DC. We loved it! I can't wait to go back. I think there are so many amazing things to see in DC. Make sure you go to Great Falls National Park this spring if you haven't been there already.

Heather said...

I am so jealous! What great pictures! You guys are so lucky to get to experience all this cool stuff!

Sheri said...

Tell Chester that Ian has been to the top of Jefferson's Castle.

Deb said...

Dallin is so jelous of you guys. We'll have to take him to D.C. sometime. He loves history. I love to look at your blog and see what new adventure you guys are on.

Thanks for talking to me the other day. It was fun to catch up.