Yes, this is going to be a post about the process of naming our new puppy. And yes, I know most of my 5-ish readers don't really care. But it is my blog after all. And even though getting a puppy wasn't my idea, he is going to be my new baby. So just pretend naming him was as important as naming a child. I'll tell you one thing -- it was a lot more fun! There were several nights at the dinner table where we just kept throwing out ideas. Sometimes they would just get more and more ridiculous. But we always ended up laughing. I wish I would have recorded them all.
Nate with his thinking cap on.
I know I am missing a ton, but here are some of the names that we came up with...
Pip - Dare's favorite
Skeletor - still saving this one in case we get a chihuahua
Finlay
Fineas - this was a strong contender until the very end
Ferris
Sir Alex Ferguson
Calvin
Michael J. Fox
Seamus - this one almost made it
Atticus - this one too
Frazier
Callahan
Chit and Pucker - I had to think of names G could say!
Cooper
Morgan Freeman - this one was from an outside source
Chewy or Chewbacca
Nash
Rooney
Ollie
After we thought long and hard (2 weeks!) we decided. His name is...
drum roll please...
Wesley.
You can call him Wes for short. I will be calling him The Dread Pirate Roberts for short.
10 comments:
Wesley...hmmm, i like it.
I like the whole list of names-
I see the CHEWY for sure.
DID YOU KNOW FACT:
Calvin was Nate's evil alter ego at the bowling alley we worked at. If there was a complaint he would bust out the Calvin name tag and handle it. i remember in an all employee meeting it was brought up that someone named Calvin was rude and not a great worker. Our general manager Gary Baker stopped and asked. "Who's CALVIN! no one works here by that name." NATE and I just gave each other that MENTOS look and smirked. man that place was awesome...oh wait, no it wasn't. we made the best of it though.
P.S. BeN & RHoN 4Ev3R ;)
I love your post and I really like the list of names. How can you pick just one???
You always make me laugh and I love it!!
That last comment was deleted by me. I just wasn't happy with it.
I wish we lived next door to you.
And Ian's thinking cap is much smaller than Nate's. But that's my fault, not his.
I will laugh at the image of this bra photo all day long. and then laugh some more. and then I will crack up at sheri's funny comment only because it was the last thing I expected to read in the comments section. you ladies crack me the heck up. shoot. oh my heck.
I feel a family photo idea coming on....wait for it....i have a different size thinking cap for every single member of my family! and yours. the glory of pregnancy and size changes. ahh.
I was so distracted by Nate's thinking cap that I failed to see the connection between Wesley and Dread Pirate Roberts at first.
Thank goodness I was able to put on my (fairly large (yeah, right)) thinking cap myself and it finally came to me.
You guys have some good names! I like the name skelator, but hate, hate, hate chihuahas! My mom has 2, and they are yappers that pee all over the place.
Love Nate's thinking cap. Wish Spence's was as big... One day, maybe. :)
Chewy is cute! But Wesly is good too! He is cute doggy! I love reading your blog! We really need to get together more. Oh yeah, I won't be able to make it Thurs. I have to work :( Do you have catalogs?
You are so brave to take on a dog! I like Wesley.
a little delayed but worth it:
"wyatt, you're kitchen is blue."
Nate, that's a good look for you! How old is your puppy and were you activly looking or did you stumble upon him?
Post a Comment